Dear Dexter,
Three months. Three whole months we've survived, little boy. Not even just survived. Thrived. Enjoyed. Had fun with. Impressive, eh? Everyone says that after the first three months everything gets easier. Well, as the first three months weren't that bad, I figure the rest of our lives will be gravy, right?
So to celebrate three months of our being together (kind of sounds like a high school boyfriend/girlfriend love note, right?), I have a few promises for you. Hopefully you'll hold up your end of the bargain.
1) I promise to keep making silly faces if you promise to keep laughing when I do so. Like for the rest of your life. Or at least until you're 18.
2) I promise to keep singing silly songs with made-up words (what ARE the real words to "Hush little baby, don't say a word"?) if you promise not to tell Dad what I am doing. He already thinks I am nuts. Let's not tell him what words we try to rhyme with "orange."
3) I promise to keep nursing you if you promise to keep gaining ridiculous amounts of weight and keep eating a billion ounces of milk per feeding.
4) Along that same thread, the breast feeding shall only continue if you can remember to NOT eat Mom's nipple off. So, promise me you'll keep working on that, ok bud?
5) I promise to try not to obsess about short naps, if you promise to continue to sleep through the night.
6) I promise to keep you in fresh clean diapers, if you promise to not pee on me when I change you. Pee in the bath tub - no problem. But how about not on Mom's fresh new pajamas.
7) I promise not to tell Dad about all the spit-up on the couch, if you just promise you won't POOP on the couch.
8) I promise to always love you to pieces. You don't have to promise to do the same, but I hope you will.
I love you, little boy. Happy three month birthday.
Love,
Mom
3 comments:
Liss, You have such a way with words. They are right when they say that after 3 months it gets easier...I can't wait for 3 months, though I am enjoying every moment with my new little boy. You brought tears to my eyes. Maybe its the hormones, but I don't think so. Dex is so blessed to have you as a mom and I'm so glad you decided to take the journey into mommyhood...it is the best job in the whole world!!!
Love you,
Shell
lis i'm starting to get concerned that you have sold all of your cookware and ONLY have that one pan to cook in!
For the picture of Dexter on the table, I just keep thinking:
I want my baby back, baby back, baby back...Chile's, ba-by back ribs...
Post a Comment