I love love love our Miracle Blanket. It keeps Dexter bundled up, arms confined, so he can get some sleep. It's easy to keep one arm out, and one leg out. My only complaint to the Miracle Blanket folks is that the foot bag is too short for my long legged boy. So really, only one leg fits in there right now. But otherwise - Miracle Blankets rock.
Except that Dex has superpowers, apparently. And Mr. Superman is completely capable of unswaddling himself from this seeming inescapable straight jacket by the end of a night of sleep, leaving both arms out and flailing wildly and letting blanket ends wrap around the child's neck. Which 1) freaks Mom out a bit and 2) leaves Dexter saying "Ow, stop hitting me. OW, who is hitting me? OWWWW - why are you hitting me?" to his flaily arms at about 5AM.
So I needed to find some Kryptonite for Superman. I first thought I'd just take a roll of duct tape up to his room and tape him in to his swaddle. But then I found this:
And the velcro option (notice it is INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH velcro) seems to be working. For the past three nights we have no escaping boy. The first night I used the velcro option I had a boy who was still sound sound asleep at 7AM, which hasn't happened for, oh, a good three weeks. Hooray for Kryptonite! Til John goes and breaks it. He is apparently too weak to separate the velcro pieces, so he just pulled the velcro tab right off the blanket. No worries - he will fix it. Mostly because I am A) useless with a needle and thread and B) should not be trusted with glue of any sort. And either of those two options seem to be the only solution for fixing the velcro.
We had a very celebrate-y weekend, with our anniversary on Thursday, John's birthday on Friday, and Mother's Day on Sunday. Plus John's parents and sister were in town and staying with us, so we had a very full house. Meaning Dex slept in his Pack-n-Play in our room. Which means I got zero sleep, because for about four hours a night the boy just grunts and groans and picks his little legs up and then BAM crashes them back down on the mattress. Which means? I really really need a nap. And of course it's gorgeous outside, and of course I shall feel bad that I will be napping instead of doing something productive outside. Too bad! I shall soon be kicking the cute little dog off her position at the end of the sofa, so I can take a nap. Sorry, CoCo.

No comments:
Post a Comment