I couldn't decide this morning if I should go to lactation group. On the one hand, I wanted to go because I can not go next Tuesday - Dexter has to go to the doctor for his four month check-up. On the other hand, we have volleyball tonight and two outings in one day is just all kinds of insanity. But then, what if it rains tonight and we don't go to volleyball at all and then I'll have not left the house at all today and I go slightly nuts? And what if the baby hasn't been gaining weight because he didn't eat very much yesterday and I need to have a whole new thing to worry about? And yet, I am tired. I went to bed WAY too late last night. I don't sleep well when John is gone. Plus I was reading Farley Mowat's "Never Cry Wolf." A classic, apparently. Ever read it? It's really pretty entertaining. Autobiographical story of Farley going to the Canadian Arctic in the 1940's to do wolf research. The government wanted him to prove that wolves were killing all the caribou. It's a fun story about preconceived notions and finding out the facts. So, I was up reading late last night and I could REALLY use a nap. So - should I stay or should I go?
In the end, it was Dexter who decided. I suppose I should get used to that. I put him down for a nap at about 8:30. And he slept. And slept. And slept some more. Til about quarter after 10. As booby group starts at 10... we weren't going to go. Good choice, Dex! I'll chose sleeping over booby group any day of the week.
It was pretty cute for a while, really. Both my kids were napping in Dexter's room. Both human and canine. CoCo likes sleeping on the bed in that room.
Here's a few naked baby pictures, from my almost four month old baby. FOUR! Insanity.



No comments:
Post a Comment