Completely unscripted - I just looked down and saw this. Rotten little boy! :-)OK, so I didn't ACTUALLY throw the baby down the stairs. I was walking down the stairs last night with a baby in one arm and we kind of, well, traveled quickly down five or six steps on my butt. Dexter's little feet might have hit a few stairs on the way down. He's perfectly fine - still has two feet and ten toes. That still kick. I think I mostly just scared the piss out of him. As seen in subsequent diaper changes.
And me? The idiot who fell down the stairs? I'm fine. It scared me half to death. After the "OMG, did I kill the baby?" initial reaction, all those "what if" scenarios flashed through my head. Some completely ridiculous scenarios, of course. Like "OMG, what if I had been holding Dexter with his HEAD under my arm, instead of his feet? His head would have totally smashed down six stairs!" Ridiculous, right? Why would I ever carry Dex with his head under my arm pit? That's something his Dad would do... Anyway, after some "I almost killed the baby" tears, I am fine. And I cracked up five minutes later (I swear) when I looked down and saw Dexter flipping me the bird. Yeah, I know. I deserved it, buddy.
And yes, mother. I WAS holding the railing when I fell down the stairs. I am just an idiot.
And me? The idiot who fell down the stairs? I'm fine. It scared me half to death. After the "OMG, did I kill the baby?" initial reaction, all those "what if" scenarios flashed through my head. Some completely ridiculous scenarios, of course. Like "OMG, what if I had been holding Dexter with his HEAD under my arm, instead of his feet? His head would have totally smashed down six stairs!" Ridiculous, right? Why would I ever carry Dex with his head under my arm pit? That's something his Dad would do... Anyway, after some "I almost killed the baby" tears, I am fine. And I cracked up five minutes later (I swear) when I looked down and saw Dexter flipping me the bird. Yeah, I know. I deserved it, buddy.
And yes, mother. I WAS holding the railing when I fell down the stairs. I am just an idiot.
1 comment:
Dex! your Aunt Jeanne is supposed to teach you all those bad things!
Don't worry, I'm sure we were dropped on our heads many times and we came out wonderfully.......oh man Dex...you might be screwed!
Lis I recall you needing stitches for a hole in your lip....so I think Dex will be just fine, expecially with his Rocky muscles.
Post a Comment