Friday, February 13, 2009

Percentiles

Happy 2 week birthday, Dex! Your dad and I are celebrating tonight with a good dinner of steak and scallops. Yes, we're cooking tonight! Amazing. And really it's a Valentine's Day dinner celebration. But we can tell Dex it's for his 2 week birthday.

To celebrate his birthday, as well, Dexter got to go to the pediatrician for his 2 week check-up. His weight today? From Mr. Chow Hound, a whopping 9lbs 7oz. What were we a week and a half ago at the doctor? 8lbs 6oz, right? So he gained a pound in 9 days. Good work, Dex!

9lbs 7oz is in the 75th percentile for weight. So he's a fatty, but not the fattest yet. We're still working on that. His length of 22 inches is in the 95th percentile. We're thinking NBA basketball career. Or, if we can get up the weight, NFL. And his head circumference of 37 cm is in the 50th percentile. To which I say: hat's off to all you moms with kids with heads in the 95th percentile. I cannot even imagine the pain...

I went to the doctor for a quick check-up today, as well. All is well with me. Pretty well all healed up.

Hmmmm. I haven't taken any Dexter photos recently. Sorry - I am slacking. I'll work on a Valentine's Day photo for you tomorrow, ok?

No comments: