It's Dexter Jeopardy! And the question is: What is the number of diapers Dexter pooped in within a five minute period, at 4:30 AM?
I've got to start getting John to do these 4:30 AM feedings...
And my dear Dave Telesco. Your advice to put a washcloth over the pee-pee to stop errant sprayed urine? All fine and good. But tell me, what is your definition of "it works!"? If "it works!" means that baby will not pee with a washcloth over his pee-pee, you would be sadly mistaken. If, however, "it works!" simply means that pee will not go shooting six feet across the room until it hits a wall? Well, ok. It works. It works a bit more like this: washcloth kind of soaks up some pee, and deflects it down the baby's side, thereby soaking clothing and changing pad that baby is lying on, and necessitating the changing of all items. At, of course, 4:30 AM.
See why I need to get John to start doing these feedings?
We're working on a better day thus far today, after a fairly terrible one yesterday. A day in which, after John called ten minutes after I thought he'd be home to tell me was just then leaving work, I cried. And when John got home and gave me a hug, while I was holding a baby who really just wanted to bite my nipple off, I cried some more. Kind of a lot. Bad day. But today is looking up! We're going to go to Wal-Mart during one of our habitually crappy nap periods. Because Wal-Mart = BABY SLEEP!! How anyone can sleep in Wal-Mart is beyond me, but Dexter seems to enjoy Wal-Mart as a napping location.
Speaking of three, it's Dexter's three week birthday today. I was cracking up yesterday when I was asking the lactation consultants for advice on how to get Dex to nurse better, so I was not in constant pain. They said "he's only three weeks old, it'll take a while for him to get it." To which I thought "Christ on a pony! He's THREE WEEKS OLD!! How has he not yet figured out how to EAT??"
1 comment:
Hi kiddo,
Geez! Not sure how you're maintaining this great sense of humor but am glad that you are! Miss you but I see you have your way too full to even think about it! Now that I found this blog again I'll check in daily to be so amused!
Hugs,
Lori
Post a Comment