Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Back to Normal (AKA, HOORAY! No more fat fingers!)

Life is slowly getting back to normal here. Check it out! I got my rings back on my finger this morning! Now, who knows if they will ever come OFF again. But I am happy they are back on.
Dexter is slowly getting back to normal, as well. One terrible day of no sleeping, one day where all he did was sleep, and today we're back to a fairly regular three hour schedule with a happy baby who fusses a bit when he goes down for a nap but eventually goes to sleep and is really, really, really cute. And has yellow poop again. So, all is right with the world. Phew!

I am fitting in to my "one size bigger than normal, but (score!) not maternity pants" right now, and my belly has shrunk to "now I just look fat" proportions. So, I shall happily eat the fantastic chocolate that my friend Gary brought me from England. Why let that "now I just look fat" time frame go to waste? It's AMAZING chocolate. And I am NOT SHARING!!

I'd love to get myself back to the gym soon, but as a walk around the block currently makes me wince in pain by the end, I am thinking I might have to wait for a bit. Oh, and then there's that small issue of me being Dexter's only food source. Hmmm. We'll remedy that soon, I hope. Give us a couple weeks and we'll have John feeding the boy a bottle or seven a day.

What's not normal, and has been absolutely amazing for us, is the food that keeps appearing on our door step from generous friends. I believe I have mentioned before that we have the world's best friends, right? They continue to kick butt, meaning that we haven't had to cook dinner at all since we've been home from the hospital. Not that we ever really cooked dinner to begin with... But their home cooked meals that can just get popped in the oven - fantastic!

So all in all we are doing great, surrounded by lots of people who love us and help us out. And to make today that much better - it's apparently spring in Maryland! At least for a day. We'll go take advantage. Right after this nap. Shhh! I do believe the boy is asleep!!

For your daily dose of Dexter, I finally remembered to take a picture of Dex with the cute, cute, cute floral arrangement that Gina and Steve sent. John can't wait for the flowers to die so he can play with the fire truck! :-)
We went for a walk right after this photo. And no, grandmas, I didn't bring the camera. Sorry! I'm lucky I remembered the kid. The walk prep went something like this: HURRY! Put kid in car seat, take this photo, throw shoes on, shake the dog awake and convince her that going out for a walk is a good idea (harder than one might think), grab a coat, don't forget the kid! Get stroller out of car. Walk, walk, walk! Dex fell asleep, but it's all good. It's gorgeous outside today, and CoCo and I enjoyed ourselves.

No comments: