I knew we'd have to take a mini-break, as we had to make a trip to NY on Thursday night to go to a funeral on Friday. And really, who wants to avoid cake when you're at a funeral luncheon? It's kind of impossible. And also difficult to find a place to do Jillian at my parent's house. So, a 2 day break. We could manage.
And then. OH, AND THEN. We pulled up late Thursday night, took the baby out of the car, discovered he had thrown up. Changed his PJ's and he ERUPTED vomit all over me. Cleaned that off, got him some PJ's, more puke. Repeat, repeat, repeat. We went through pretty much every article of clothing I had for the boy in about three hours, plus two laundry loads worth of towels and blankets. Poor kid. He finally fell asleep in John's arms at about 3AM.
So John stayed at my parent's house with the sick baby while I drove further to a funeral on Friday. Friday night we both fell off the wagon as we indulged in yummy desserts. And at about 2AM Saturday I went downstairs to sit in Dad's recliner and to try to will myself not to throw up. I hate throwing up. I hate it worse than anything in the world. Except maybe snakes. So I lasted til about 5AM, and then had to make a dash to the bathroom. I was down for the count all day Saturday.
We stayed one day longer than planned, John was Super Dad of the Weekend, my mom took care of me, and as our way of saying thanks, now she is deathly ill with our fun stomach virus. John is thus far unscathed. We'll cross our fingers and hope he stays that way.
So no Jillian for me today, as I felt ill just taking a short walk around the block with the baby and the old old dog. Hopefully tomorrow. After the NEW BEDROOM CARPET gets put in. Yay!!
Oh! True to form and as predicted, CTB sent me this photo:
I can only take solace in the fact that she absolutely had to shudder more LOOKING for a gross snake picture, and sending it, than I did just having to look at it. What a friend, eh? I miss you, cutest CTB!Sorry, no baby pictures today. I was doing all I could do just watching the boy. Taking pictures was more than I could handle.
1 comment:
OMG what is wrong with that girl?!?!?! skanks!!!
Post a Comment