We were both good yesterday, I promise. We both did our last day of Level 1 with Jillian. Poor John didn't do his til, oh, sometime after I went to bed. But we were good. I just forgot to write a post for you.
Today is Day 11, which means the first day of Level 2. I just finished. Barely. Holy hell. I knew it was going to be harder, but this was insane. There were some things I had to do in the modified form, and there were a couple things I just could not do. The last set of ab moves, in particular. I was going along and then POP! Something popped in my right hip and I couldn't go any more. I am now dead. I am going to be SO SORE tomorrow. But, hey - at least I know I am getting a work out!
Giving a shout out to Nonna and Grandpa, who just got home last night from a week of vacation in warm sunny Florida. We are very jealous. Although, perhaps, a bit smug at the same time because they are returning to the cold snowy Arctic Circle, while here in Maryland it's supposed to be close to 50 this weekend. Ha!
John said we needed pictures of Dexter's Starboard shirt before he grows out of it. I told John I'd better take those pictures today, then...

Dex wearing the slightly dazed and confused look I see on so many faces coming out of the Starboard

Blue teething rings bring such joy to a boy...

This would be such an awesome photo, if it weren't for the blue thing in his mouth. Ah, well. Nice to remember him the way he looks a vast majority of the time.

This page in Brown Bear Brown Bear really freaks me out. I still can't quite bring myself to touch it. Which is... ridiculous. Because it's a DRAWING. A pretty poor drawing, I might add. But still. It's a drawing of a snake and I cannot, CANNOT touch it. And my dear friend CTB is laughing her ass off now and is sure to send me some terrible internet photo of 27 people carrying the most enormous snake ever found on earth, just to give me nightmares. Because that's what friends are for! :-)
3 comments:
what happened to us that we can't stand the sight of snakes?
I blame a snake running across my hand in the sand box. And also the world's biggest snake sitting on the stone steps. And, maybe, the snakes in the wood pile. Oh, and also the snake the cat was playing with that I thought was a string so I picked it up and, SURPRISE! Snake!
it wasn't the snake that dad chopped its head off and it kept coming toward me anyways....or the little snake heads popping out the stone wall as you week whacked along it....or TIm Brill chasing me with a snake (I think he had the hots for me in 6th grade, definitely indicated by the snake chasing)
Post a Comment