Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 18 - Swing

Ah, spring. The sun shining. The birds chirping. The neighbors out walking. The sound of Latino music blaring across the parking lot from some annoying neighbors, while the baby is trying to go to sleep... There are things we won't miss about this place.

It's nice to open the windows, though. It's nice to open the sunroof in the car. It's awesome to have John play hookie from work so he can stay home and put pretty new black mulch in the garden, and hang a swing for Dex so he can spend eons doing this:


We didn't spend nearly as much time outside as I would have liked today, because Dex had his My Gym class (which went awesome). But John did take us out to lunch at a nice little cafe in town with outdoor seating, where Dex was fascinated by the trains that kept going by. We told him they were going up to see Aunt Christy in New York.

Jillian went WAY better for me today. I'm not sure why - maybe because I tried doing squat thrusts and plank jacks on the rug instead of on the slippery floor, so my feet stayed under me better? Maybe because I listened to music instead of listening to Jillian? Whatever the secret, I felt pretty good today, and there's a glimmer of hope that I might be able to move to Level 3 in a couple days.

The not eating sweets thing is going way better than I expected. I was really craving some M&M's yesterday, but I didn't get any. I'm not sure in general I am eating all that much better (as I sit, still full, from a dinner of yummy lasagna and eight trillion crescent rolls). But I am pretty happy with my ability to steer clear of sweets. We'll see how I do this weekend when surrounded by baby shower cake.

And! We're official! Nobody has called us to look at the house yet, which makes me sad. :-) C'mon - it's been on the market for like six hours now!

OUR HOUSE LISTING!!

Here's some more swinging pictures. I expect we'll wear out a place in the grass in front of the swing before we move...


No comments: