Monday, March 22, 2010

Day... 20? Maybe? Every Light in the House is On

I seriously can't keep track. Is today Day 20? I think it might be. I didn't do Jillian Friday or Saturday. Sunday was Day 19, I just didn't post. So, yes. Today is Day 20 for me. Day 21 for John - he is heading down to the basement right now to try out Level 3 and let me know how much it sucks.

My mom emailed me yesterday wondering why I haven't posted in three days. Aww, you're thinking. She's worried about you, right? Nah. Not at all. She's wondering why she's had to go three days without seeing a picture of her cute grandson. I knew I shouldn't have started this "I'll post every day" promise. Ten more days, grandmas, and then I'm done with the every day stuff!

Busy busy this weekend. Girly movie night (we never watch movies, but we're not sure what else to call it) ran late Friday night - I got home around 3AM. Awakened at 6 by one small child. Ran around like mad Saturday morning getting the house ready for our first showing. And then we loaded up the baby and the pup and went to the big park in Havre de Grace to do some of this:

In the interest of full disclosure, the above pictures were actually taken Sunday, when we went BACK to the playground. But we did essentially the same thing on Saturday. Minus the swing, which Dex didn't discover til Sunday. CoCo was quite a hit at the playground. She had several kids wanting to pet her.

SO! Someone came and looked at the house on Saturday. And then they were interested enough to ask for our disclosures. But, no offer from them yet. Darn!

We were supposed to have another person look at the house tonight, so I spent Dexter's nap getting the house ready AGAIN, then loaded up the dog and the baby and we all went to swimming lessons in Elkton. I was about 5 minutes away from the house, on the way to swimming, when the listing service called and said the people had canceled. Darn again! Here I've left every light in the house on, music playing, made the poor old dog go for a ride in the car with the slippery leather seats that she hates. And now people aren't coming. Boooooo.

Perhaps it's for the best, though, as what is usually Lake Norman in our backyard has evolved and grown in to the Ocean Norman. It's out of control. And currently being pumped in to the street, thanks to a very handy pump lent to us by Dad. Yay, Dad!

Here's a few more pictures from Sunday - we went for a walk on the Promenade, to look at the geese and the ducks.
Yep - that's Dexter, looking like a confident walker! Out of control...

No comments: