Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is That Your FINAL Answer?

It's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Mom Edition!"

And the question, for one billion dollars:

What are you going to do about Dexter's reflux/spitting up/whatever that thing is that he does where lots of stuff that looks like cottage cheese comes out of his mouth and you worry and panic and think that perhaps this, too, shall kill him? Or least make him unhappy and unhealthy.

A) Start on solid food
B) Start on medicine
C) Do Nothing
D) Do Nothing, but worry incessantly if you're doing the right thing, or if really you're just ignoring a problem and your baby is in agony all the time but he's just a stoic pain in the ass and WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT TO DO, BABY!!

And the answer? Is C. Do Nothing. Because the baby has gained 6 ounces in the past nine days, while still spitting and squirming and not eating as much as you'd like and fussing when you try to get him to eat more and then spitting some more and kind of moaning and stuff when he's done eating. So, really. The baby is FINE. Perfectly fine. Stop worrying, damn you.

So, C. The answer is C.

Is that your FINAL answer, Alissa? Well. Yes. Maybe. OK. It SHOULD be C. It will probably venture in to the D range every so often. But it should be C. Make it be C. If I keep worrying about the spitty baby and wondering what to do about it, kindly kick me in the ass and tell me "The answer is C! C, damn you! Stop worrying!"

In other news, I was trying to take some pictures of Dexter in this super cute hoodie outfit that's been sitting in his drawer for three months, slowly but surely getting too short for him while he continued to not wear it. So we picked this gross gloomy cold rainy day to wear the hoodie, which was an excellent choice because it was freezing cold at Bertucci's when we went for lunch. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, had a cuter date than I did. I also suppose that nobody had a date who fell asleep ten minutes in to lunch, like I did.

Anyway, my pictures were met with only mild success. Judge for yourself:
We started off swimmingly, with fairly chipper baby (or at least kind of holding his shit together) wearing his cute hoodie.
Then we started getting some "Hey, Mom, not a big fan of this current situation" kind of mumbles.
Which then morphed in to some pissed off baby finger sucking.
And quickly turned in to "No, seriously, this sucks."
A short break in the crying to just pout, which is wicked cute.
And then we get the super sad baby, necessitating a quick change of scenery.
SNORT! OMG, I was HOWLING when I saw this picture! Note change of scenery. Which apparently makes Dexter... shocked? Insane? I can't tell.
Yeah, that's right. I am a bad-ass baby.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Will my dear it seems you have this Mom thing almost figured out....when you think you have the answer, something changes and OH S**t what was that???...lol...well you can bet you will many many more years of that to come...Oh by the way John...Nice AAI shirt!!!...hehehehe...take care Alissa...