My baby spits up like a fiend. Is it a problem? I dunno. I don't care about the spit, or the laundry, or the carpet, or the couch. That's all fine. Spit all you want to, boy. But I DO care if his spit is mixed with stomach acid and is making him uncomfortable. I just... can't tell if it is or not. Sure, he coughs and gags on his spit sometimes. Sure, he arches his back after he eats sometimes and seems a bit uncomfortable. But not all the time. And it doesn't make him cry. And he seems to be gaining weight. Albeit not at the astronomical rate he was previously. Which I think is normal, but still makes me worry.
The doctor was not terribly helpful. She said either put him on an antacid, or start solids if I am worried about it. I am not psyched about either idea, really.
So for now, I shall do nothing. I shall go to lactation group tomorrow and see how Dexter's weight is. If he's held steady or dropped in the last week and a half maybe THEN I will decide I really need to do something. If he's gaining weight then I think I shall do nothing.
Poor Dex has had a bit of a rough week. He's still got a runny nose and a cough from the cold he's had since Friday. And then he went to the doctor yesterday to get his shots, and yesterday evening was just inconsolable. Poor kid. Crying like I haven't heard since he was about 6 weeks old. Except louder these days. More lung capacity in there now. He seems to have bounced back this morning - happy, fever down, eating fine, checking out the dog, and trying to shove a rattle in to his mouth. That's my boy.
And now, since you all come here either because you 1) for some reason find me entertaining or 2) want to see cute baby pictures... And as I have in no way, shape, or form been entertaining today... Here's some cute baby pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment