Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen, We Have a Weiner

Yesterday Dex and I tried on dresses - ALL of the dresses in my closet. I modeled them all for the baby, and he giggled at each and every one of them. Somehow, for some reason, the ceiling fan in my bedroom is WAY more entertaining than the one in his room. Lord knows why. It's the same damn fan.

Anyway, this one seems to be the best bet, so long as I don't really want to breathe too much.
The dress, unfortunately, doesn't come with its own built-in Dave Telesco fun dance partner. Although I wish it did because dancing with Dave is an experience like no other.

It does, however, seem to have enough room for my ample chest, gives the appearance that I have a waist, and then A-lines out wide enough to go over my plenty large ass. Oh, and also can be worn with a bra. Which is key, because going without a bra these days is SO NOT AN OPTION. Plus, the pink color seemed a little more appropriate for an outdoor wedding in California. More appropriate than black, which seems to be the color of, oh, about every other dress I own.

And also? The weather forecast for the next TEN DAYS in Cali (just north of San Fran) is partly sunny, highs around 70, lows in the 50's. No joke, for the next TEN DAYS. I'd move there if I weren't afraid that one day the whole state will just fall off in to the ocean. Oh, and there's also the whole ridiculously expensive cost of living thing.

My plan for Saturday is to do a little driving on Route 1, then go to a wedding. And Sunday I am hanging out with my cute friend's enormous, fun (read, crazy) family, doing whatever they have planned for the day. Catch an 11pm flight home, and I'll be back home Monday morning, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! :-)

No comments: