It's a little funny to be at a party with a screaming baby and tell people, most of whom are seeing said baby for the first time, that normally he's not like this. It's just that today he is... Teething? Has an ear ache? Has little tiny demons romping around in his head? And they all shake their heads and are like "Uh-huh. Sure. Sure, he's normally quiet and cute and smiley and giggly. Suuuuure."
So, sorry, people who were not entertained by baby (still cute, by the way) screaming. Sorry if that made you look at us and say "THIS! This is why I will never have kids!" Cuz believe me, I was saying the same thing. Just last night I was saying - Dude, whose screaming kid is that? I NEVER want to have one of those... Oh. Wait.
Poor kid. I'm not sure what his problem was, but he slept hard the whole way home. Doing those little gaspy breath things that you do after you've been crying. So he was sleeping, gasping, all slumped over in his car seat. And that just broke my heart. Poor boy.
He was back to cute and smiley when we got home, and he finally ate and went right to bed. He must have been tired because for the first time in ages and ages he slept straight through the night, no chatting, no wiggling, was in exactly the same spot in his crib at 7AM this morning. Which never ever happens. Usually he's down in a corner, turned all sideways and crossways and upside down. And he looks up in the morning at you and says DUDE - I had a fun party last night!
As I have no pictures of Mr. Screamer from last night (but I assure you, he was super cute in his Hokie shirt and some tan shorts), you'll have survive with a picture of a baby and a dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment