Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Backspin

I love, love, love the Backspin channel on XM. I mean, seriously. Where else can you listen to DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince - "So to all you kids all across the land, there's no need to argue parents just don't understand!" Immediately followed by DJ Kool - "Let me clear my throat" Plus you can catch some Kris Kross (wonder what ever happened to those little punks?) - "Kris Kross'll make you JUMP, JUMP! Daddy Mac'll make you JUMP, JUMP!" And some Ice T, singing whatever he sings. And then you remember that Ice T used to rap, before he became a big old TV show star in some cop show that I don't watch. And then you remember how he was in that terrible movie about the big huge unrealistic looking snake. What was the name of that movie? Anaconda? Big Huge Stupid Looking Snake? This is a Terrible Movie so Don't go See it?

It just cracks me up. Almost every song makes me giggle. Dexter, I am sure, thinks I am insane.

Do you think that Will Smith looks back at how he was those days, in his silly homeboy style, with his goofy looking hair, and just shakes his head? Because he's come a long way, baby, from that skinny kid to the "OMG did you SEE those yummy delicious arms" actor in "I am Legend."

No comments: