* At one point, I do believe, I wished for a baby who didn't poop every single day. Twice a day. I do not, I believe, know what I was wishing for. Because I am pretty sure I would take the two small poops a day thing over the "Hold it all in for two or three days then let it all out in one HUGE stinky WHOOSH that fills up the diaper, plus the entire back of the onesie, OMG, and thereby requiring HAZMAT cleanup and a desperate plea for help on the part of Mom." I'm pretty sure. Yesterday's poop required a fire-hose cleaning of both child, baby clothing, and changing table.
* Walking down to the bottom of the hill and back up with a 15 pound baby strapped to your chest is freaking HARD. Really really HARD. Somehow it was easier when I was pregnant.
* My inner thigh muscles have not been the same since I pushed an eight pound bowling ball out of my body. Also, my hips. Also, my knees. Although I'm not sure I can blame the knees on childbirth. Perhaps more on the way too much extra weight I am carrying these days, plus the constant need to get up off the floor with a 15 pound child in my arms.
* I leave for California in THREE DAYS. Three!! Crap! I need to, in those three days, get John to get out the ladder and rummage around in the attic for me for a suitcase and also some shirts that might fit me. And also I need to find a dress that will fit over the big old rack I am sporting. As I've never had a big old rack before, none of my old dresses are really cutting it. But the thought of going dress shopping, and especially the thought of dress shopping with a baby in a stroller, is just making me a little depressed. Man, I hate shopping.
* I haven't bitched much about the baby not sleeping recently because, knock wood, he's pretty much been a sleeping superstar for the past week or more. Long enough that I am expecting couple two hour naps a day from him. Which is a little bit insane. Lovely, but insane.
* Christie's doing a "Biggest Loser" challenge with her husband, and I get to be the big old benefactor from this one. Because Christie wants to walk every evening and it's WAY more fun to walk with company. So I get to walk every night, which gets me out of the house, and also completely justifies the bowl of ice cream I eat after I get done walking.
* Bomboys is doing a $2 Tuesday special this summer. A scoop of delicious ice cream for TWO BUCKS! Guess where we're going every Tuesday, Dex? That's right, baby!
* Also, I leave for California in THREE DAYS! I am excited to be going away, to get a little break, and to leave John here with Dex so they can do a little male bonding. But... I am a little sad to be leaving my boys home alone. Hopefully they will both still like me when I get back.
* I played volleyball tonight for the first time since, oh, August. I didn't suck all that much more than I usually do, so that was a good thing. Sure, I set my fair share of balls over the net to the other team (you're welcome, other team. Good thing I like you). And my best play may have been the one where the ball ricocheted off my eyebrow and right to the waiting arms of a very competent player who hit it over the net. But, hey. At least my face played well... Two games, though, and I was wiped out. So Dex and I called it a night. Not really fair that he got to nap on the way home, and I had to drive. How come it always works out that way?
* There's a good little restaurant in North East called Woody's, which has the best fried oysters I've ever had. Better, I think, than the Briar Patch in Sweet Briar, VA. So, Dad, when you come down in a couple weeks maybe we'll take you there for dinner, ok? We'll call it "Operation Let's Take the Baby Out to Dinner and See if We Survive." I'm sure it'll be fine. I mean, the place is called Woody's. How bad could it get?
* Did I mention the whole California thing? And the fact that I need to pack? And buy food for John? And pick out some good books to read? And worry some more about where I am going to pump on an airplane? And pack? And clean my house because my parents are coming to stay the night on the day I return? And print out my flight info and car rental info and hotel info and put addresses in to the GPS? And decide if I should bring some Playboys on the plane, because last time I brought them on a plane I got yelled at and forced to put them away? And also, pack?


1 comment:
I subscribed to your blog today, so you better keep posting or you'll hear from me! (I'm going to need something to do when I'm home and bugging you is high on my list) By the way, the breastfed-poop-explosion thing gets better after solid food.
Post a Comment