Does the fact that Dexter can pack a mean left hook directly to his mom's nipple, EVERY. TIME. mean that this boy is going to be a lefty? Just like Rocky Balboa! :-) OK, I had to look that up. Who knew Rocky Balboa was a lefty?
Seriously, though. The left hand on this child is the bane of my existence. I would like to strap it to his waist so it can never move again. Because when he punches an already sore nipple with it? HURTS. OWWW. BAD.
And in other news of the week, we went to lactation support group yesterday for some ideas on how to work with my overactive milk supply. And came home with? A diagnosis of mastitis. Requiring a trip to my doctor and a later trip to Wal-Mart to pick up some antibiotics. What is mastitis? It's Latin for, I think, "red swollen breast that hurts when you touch it." Apparently I am some kind of superwoman, because mastitis knocks some people right on their butt. Fever, flu-like symptoms, seriously painful breast. Me? I just looked down yesterday and said "hmmm, wonder why that's red?" And that's about it. Anyway, antibiotics and oodles of nursing should get me back to normal in no time. Normal, of course, being a relative term.
As I skipped breakfast this morning, I shall now take advantage of sleeping child (YAY SLEEPING CHILD!) to dig something out of the fridge for lunch. And think of a way to tie down one little boy's left hand...
PS - As Stacey so wisely pointed out, yes, chocolate does contain dairy. So while I may be superwoman on the mastitis front, I cannot claim the same for my self control when it comes to chocolate. I can't do it. Sorry, Dex! Does cheese on pizza count? Cuz I might not be able to cut that out, either. Hey, a girl's got to have her limits...
3 comments:
Rocky! Rocky!
Duct tape works well I hear.
Wasn't there some tiny mit/glove in that bag of clothes Maria brought down?
What do you mean 'Who knew Rocky Balboa was a lefty?'! Come on!
Post a Comment