Oh! The screaming! The crying! The kicking of legs! The flailing of arms! And that was just me. Dex was all that, plus a voracious appetite and green poo in his diaper. We were at our wit's end. Until, finally, at 11pm the boy graced us with sleep. And blessed silence. And his typical "I'll sleep for five hours, thank you very much, because it's night time." Thank the lord.
So the green poo freaked us out enough that I decided to take Dex to lactation support group at the hospital today. Think Dex and I and a kajillion other moms and babies, all breast feeding in one room, and you'll get a pretty accurate picture of lactation support group. It was cool, though. A few lactation consultants there to see how baby is nursing. Plus Dex got weighed before and after he ate. Before? A whopping 9 pounds. I don't think we need to worry about the boy not eating enough! He may well be the youngest contestant on "The Biggest Loser" at this rate. Do they take two week olds? He gained weight after he ate, but because I am a moron I didn't quite take note of how much. 2 oz? 4 oz? I haven't the slightest idea. This is where I need John. He pays attention. But boys are not allowed in the booby room. It's an exclusive club.
Oh, and the green poo? Apparently nothing to worry about. The terrible fussy baby yesterday? Quite possibly a growth spurt. Ahhhh. Duh! And the spitting up? No big deal. Should get better as the boy gets better at burping. Which is a skill we practice often. John about fell out of his chair laughing at Dex yesterday. He let a good one rip. That's my boy!
Hmmm. The paparazzi has been fairly quiet around here recently. Pictures of screaming baby are not quite as appealing. So I'll leave you with this one. CoCo was amazed that Mom came home today and STILL had that thing in the car seat with her...
1 comment:
You do know that your mother is reading this and secretly laughing her ass off right?? Dex is a min lis!
Post a Comment