Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So, um, yeah. This went well...

A photo story from Dexter, Halloween style:

Mom had to take individual portraits for her photography class, and since I am the only cute one in the house, guess who got tapped to be the subject? So, ok. Cool. What's with this orange pumpkin thing, Mom?

Huh. A brush. That's a weird treat. Where'd we go trick-or-treating this year? Claire's at the mall?

Yeah, yeah, Mom. Keep fiddling with your camera over there. I'm doing just fine.

But... Wait. There's this... thing. On my head.

No! Wait! Hold on! TWO THINGS! Did you hear me? TWO THINGS! On my HEAD!

Mom, I'm not sure you heard me properly. How about now. Are you getting that there's TWO THINGS on my head? And that I DON'T LIKE IT?

Maybe if I flap this silly white thing attached to my hand enough times, I can get out of this mess.

Nice try, Dad. I know you're in cahoots with Mom.

Happy *$#@!% Halloween

So, needless to say, if you come trick-or-treating at our house on Saturday night Dexter will NOT be wearing cute little Mickey Mouse. Fortunately, Grandma Cowan bought Dexter an alternative that I think he'll be happy with. We'll do the big reveal this weekend!

PS - am I a bad Mom for just hanging out behind the camera taking these pictures and kind of giggling? While my baby cried? Cuz he was really pretty damn cute. :-)

1 comment:

Susana said...

Oh my God! I almost peed my pants with laughter. I would say 'poor kid', but really...it's funny as hell! You are not a bad Mom, but rather a good editorial photographer. (still laughing).