Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh, yeah. Now I remember.

Every now and then when we head back to New York in the summer time, when it's ninety-twelve degrees with 127% humidity in Maryland, and only 80 degrees with zero humidity in New York, we think "Hmmmm. Maybe, some time, we could move back here." And then we go home in the MIDDLE OF FREAKING OCTOBER and we remember that all of New York is the GODDAMN ARCTIC CIRCLE. So, yeah. We'll stay right here in Maryland, thankyouverymuch.
Dude. C'mon, weather. It's not even HALLOWEEN yet! Like, I haven't even bought Halloween candy yet!

Anyway... We packed up our winter coats, bundled the baby up warm, and headed to the Great North for a wedding. Saw lots of family, Dexter met lots of people, and we stopped in to see an old friend from high school, who just had (bless her heart and hope she gets a girl dog soon) her third boy last week. He is hella cute, and I forgot (so quickly!) how damn little babies are.

Now we're back home in Maryland and all is right with the world. Dexter's ass didn't have to touch a car seat today. The sun was shining. The temperature hit 60. The grass is almost still green. And we have no plans, no plans at all, til John and I go to Virginia in November and Dex stays here with only CoCo to feed him black beans and change the ensuing poopy diaper. Oh, yeah. And Grandma and Grandpa. Good thing, cuz CoCo is getting more and more useless as a babysitter every day.

Goodness. 8.5 months ago Dex was that small... Now he is a giant.

With Mama at rehearsal dinner. Where Dex ate LOTS and LOTS of cheese.

The one shot of the night where both boys' eyes were open. Couldn't capture one where both boys' hands were not in their mouth, though.

The fam-damily. I am the cute one... ;-) Truthfully, I think that title goes to Dad. He looks like Dexter.

Congrats to the bride and groom!

1 comment:

Jeanne Campbell said...

I'm the cute one! That is why Dex is so cute - he looks like ME