Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things the baby eats that totally make me gag

1) Carrots. I have just recently gotten to a point where I will eat raw carrots. Mostly only if I am at the barn and am also feeding carrots to a horse. But cooked carrots? Really not necessary.

2) Celery. A completely useless vegetable, unless (strangely) when paired with chicken wings and good blue cheese dressing. Also, the origin of celery salt, which is the worst spice known to man.

3) Peas. Oh, I'll eat raw peas. Raw sugar snap peas? Yum! Even steamed whole sugar snap peas, fine. But those little round balls of peas? No way, man. Feed 'em to the dog.

4) Pineapple. Not yummy. I have yet to try it while feeding it to Dexter. I don't think I'll have any problem just letting him eat it all.

5) Pears. It's really the consistency of pears that I hate. I hate mushy pears and apples. I think they must be growing better pears these days, because the one I cut up for Dex was not half bad.

6) Yogurt. Really. Even worse, the baby eats just plain old yogurt that tastes like dirty socks. Oh, sure, he makes a face after the first bite, but then willingly eats more after that. Maybe that's my problem? Maybe yogurt gets better after the first bite?

7) Cheerios. Not of the Honey Nut variety. So damn boring. I will snack on them now, while Dexter eats them. But certainly they are not my go-to cereal.

8) Black beans. Now, actually, I like black beans in stuff. They are a tasty addition to any Mexican dish. But to just open up a can of black beans and eat them? Right out of the can? Never struck me as yummy. But Dexter LOVES them. And they... well, let's just say they are a definite cure for baby constipation. WOW.

So that's like, oh, half his diet. That I won't eat. Someone might need to start changing her eating habits...

Now if this child decides he loves lima beans, I'll just die on the spot. I am NOT popping a lima bean in my mouth to see if it's the proper temperature!
Hey look! I'm a pony! And Dad is a jockey! In his dreams...

One more picture of me with my Christmas present (thanks, ahead of time, Santa!)

I really thought the dog might bite the baby's hand here. And I would not have blamed her. To her credit, she just glared at the offending hand, then got up and moved to the couch.

John insisted I take a picture of this classic outfit. Because it is so dead sexy. It didn't last long that day, as a WOW black bean poop got it a little bit... soiled.

Dude, I did all this work, I pulled myself up on the coffee table, and now you want me to SMILE, too? You must be nuts.

No comments: