Monday, October 5, 2009

Whiney McWhinerpants

My lord, but this child has been a pain in the ass recently. Waking up at 5:30 AM. Whining and fussing in the morning after breakfast BECAUSE he woke up at 5:30 AM. Taking short naps. Fussing in the evenings. Today, flat-out crying for two hours after his afternoon nap. A sad, sad boy.

I've been checking his temperature for a few days. No fever. I've been sticking my fingers in his mouth. Nope - don't feel any new teeth. But today during a nice crying spell I got a particularly good look inside his wide-open mouth and saw the little white tops of his two front teeth, just barely breaking the gums. Ahh. Poor pup. Let's give you a little Motrin (as your bad mom has yet to check to see if her Tylenol has been recalled), put your butt in bed for a little while to see if you might nap, and run FAR FAR away as soon as Dad gets home from work! All three things seemed to help, really, as Dex was in better spirits when I got home.

Here's a few pictures from the weekend and from today. He-he! :-)
John finally got sick of my bitching and complaining about our dishwasher. So we took the approximately three dollars and 76 cents I made from working the past three months, and bought a new dishwasher. My expectations are low - I simply want it to suck less than the old one.
New dishwasher means, of course, new cool box for Dexter to play with. He is currently afraid of the new cool box, but maybe we can get CoCo to sleep in it for a while, thus making it more interesting to the baby.
Eat your heart out, Nonna and Grandpa... You, too, could have a new dishwasher!
Walking with Dad at a fun picnic we had with the Movie Night Gang
Dex is obviously quite impressed with his walking skills
All three kids are playing in their own separate areas
And then Dexter makes his move. What's that cool toy Greyson is playing with? Perhaps I will steal THAT!
Greyson graciously shares with Dex. I don't think he had a choice - Dexter pretty much just stole his train and threw it across the floor. Way to make friends, Dex.
Pet the pretty puppy. Pull his ear.
You're damn lucky, kid, that you are this cute. It goes a really long way on days like today...

I usually think these little mesh bag feeder things are silly. But today I had a crying baby, it was time for his dinner, and I thought that something frozen and cold might help him out. So out came... frozen blueberries! And since I didn't think it was wise to just put a pile of frozen little rocks in front of the baby, we also broke out the mesh feeder. And it was a huge hit!
Yeah, yeah. So it looks like Dexter single-handedly killed his own meat for dinner and dug in to it with his hands and his face. I promise, it's blueberry, not blood!

No comments: