Friday, April 3, 2009

To hell with Spring...

Let's just move right on to summer! We are having the weirdest weather today. Thunderstorms! In the beginning of April! So bizarre.

Random thought Friday.

Am I warping my child's brain if I read to him from People Magazine? How about Playboy? I swear I only read it for the articles... It's all we have laying around the house, and I kill two birds with one stone that way. Although Dexter has a hard time making it through more than a couple pages at a time. Reading makes him sleepy. Me, too, buddy. Me, too.

Is it weird that I spent more time today filing my son's nails than I have EVER spent on mine?

How come baby spit-up and baby poop don't bother me even a little bit?

I think Dexter is finally starting to hear and take notice of his surroundings. Loud noises startle him and make him cry a lot. Is that normal? He was just crying a little in his crib, and I went upstairs and walked in to his room talking in my normal voice. Which brought a SHRIEK from the little boy. Am I really that scary? He screamed at the dinner table the other day, too, when John was talking. John does talk loud, though. We might have to visit the Red Army more often - get him used to loudness!

I find it odd that I am cooking now. And actually enjoying it. And planning ahead! Making a menu for the week! Doing efficient shopping at Wal-Mart! John is loving life, although he says I am killing his diet.

So the new swaddle blanket I got for Dexter, to use when company is here and putting him to bed (because his Miracle Blanket is difficult to just figure out)? Sucks a big one. Useless. Piece of poo. Anyone need a crap-tastic swaddle blanket?

If Dexter EVER figures out how to suck his thumb (please lord, soon!) is that when I stop swaddling him? Or at least leave his thumb-sucking hand un-swaddled so he can suck it at will?

I amaze even myself with the number of classical songs I can whistle along with on the Classical Pops station on XM. I haven't heard many of these songs in 15 or 20 years. But they come right back to ya. Must be like riding a bike. Thanks, Mom, for playing awesome music when I was a kid and giving me an appreciation for it. I am really enjoying it now! The TV is almost never on during the day. Just classical pops. And right on cue, what comes on the radio? Scheherazade! One of my favorites, along with the 1812 Overature.

I still don't get the appeal of Facebook. I'm on there, but I don't get it.

One of these days I am going to have to decide what I want to be when I grow up...

John was ecstatic when I told him that Dexter had his hands fisted up, with his thumbs OUTSIDE his fists, the other day. Hooray, he says! Perhaps Dexter didn't inherit his mom's retarded thumb genes after all!

Is showing a 2 month old cute bare bottom photo on my blog considered kiddie porn?

Happy Friday!!

No comments: