Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring is in the air

It's finally spring! As seen in this photo:
No? Can't tell it's spring? I thought that cute babies are born in the spring? That's the way it is with horses, at least. Dexter's got a good birthday. Early in the year, so when his two-year-old racing career starts he'll be bigger and stronger than the other two-year-olds born later in the year.

Dex doesn't need an early birthday to be bigger and stronger than other kids, really. At his two month check-up yesterday he was 24 1/2 inches long (90th percentile) and 13 pounds even (80th percentile). Yeah, I know - just last week he was 12 lbs 1 oz at lactation group. I don't think the boy gained almost a pound in five days. We'll blame it on different scales, plus they weigh him with clothes and a dirty diaper at the doctor's office.

I found out, also, what Dexter's "OUCH THAT HURTS!" cry sounds like. Poor kid screamed through his shots. That's not a cry I want to hear often. I don't know how those pediatric nurses get through the day. Sure, you get to see cute kids all day. But you also have to suck blood from them and shoot them up and do all kinds of things that make them cry. Not a job I'd want to have to do.

The doctors gave me an owie on my right leg... :-(

But we made it through the visit with no serious ill effects, other than a swollen red spot at one injection site. No fever. Not too cranky a baby. Actually, a SLEEPY baby, which is cool. I got to take a nap!

AND! It's SPRING! NOW as seen in the below photos, with a cute baby sitting in front of flowers that I don't know the name of. Hey - I don't garden. If flowers come up, I say "oooh, pretty!" and try to keep John from pulling them up (he keeps telling me he thinks they are weeds...).

The little white flowers ARE weeds, I think. But don't tell John...
Fun now when the baby will actually look at your hand, waving frantically over the camera. Gives the picture the impression that Dexter actually gives a damn that his picture is being taken.
We have a new-found appreciation for mirrors

No comments: