To hell with spring, we'll just go back to winter... Yesterday when I was at work I looked out the window to see snow flurries. SNOW! Dude - it's APRIL!! And then this morning when I was washing my hands after pumping breast milk at 6:30 AM, I looked out the window again and told John - "Hey, look! It's snowing!" He didn't believe me til he looked for himself. The he said that schools must be closing today, because of the snow. Already happened. Spring Break. See, snow? SPRING Break! What gives?
Whoa, whoa, wait, Alissa. Back up a second. Did you just say you were at WORK? Yeah. I was. But not really at work, working. Just at work to visit and play "Pass the Baby" with the ladies in the office. We were there for a pretty long time, though. Dex was a champ. He smiled at all the ladies, sat at the board room table for lunch, and didn't start screaming til about the time we left work and headed for the car. He wanted to stay longer! So, no. I am not working yet. Not til summer.
And wait, again, Alissa. 6:30 this morning? Why were you up at 6:30? Dexter doesn't get up til 7, right? Ah, you're right. But this morning Dexter slept all the way through the night, not waking until 6:00. Woo-hoo! It happened on Friday morning last week, too. So - we're getting super close to sleeping through the night. I feed him at 10pm, and he usually only sleeps until about 4am. But we're getting it - 6am! Yay!
So, Alissa, does that mean that YOU slept through the night, too? Ah, but of course not. You know me better than that. I woke up at 3 when Dex woke up briefly to squirm a little and then to poop (yes, you can hear that from the other room, even without the baby monitor turned on). I woke up at 4, when Dex usually wakes up. I woke up at 5 - hmmmm, wonder when the baby is going to wake up? And I woke up at 6 when John got up to go to work and Dexter started stirring again. So yeah. No. I didn't sleep as well as Dexter did.
So it's time to prepare for the day, which will include a visit to the Red Army. Nadia was apparently inconsolable last night, screaming about how she wants a baby brother AND a baby sister. Funny thing is that she DOES have a baby sister. I mean, she's 4. But she's still Nadia's baby sister. So we'll go be the substitute baby brother for a little while. That child. She cracks me right up. Last week we went to visit and she said "I LOVE your baby, Alissa. Can I HAVE you baby?" Not yet, Nadia. Sorry babe. I'm not ready to give him up just yet. Ask me next week...
No comments:
Post a Comment