Want to play with your gym, Dex? Nah, thanks, Mom. I've got this cool thumb to suck on.
Want to smile at Mom, Dex? Sure, Mom. I'll smile at you as long as I can keep this here thumb in my mouth.
Want to read, Dex? Sure, Mom. Can I suck on this thumb while you read to me?
Want to sit in your Bumbo chair and play with a cool stuffed animal, Dex? Well, Mom, I'll happily sit here and suck on my thumb. I kind of forget about that left hand over there. Is it still attached to me? I'm a little more worried about this right hand firmly implanted in my mouth. But, hey. Check it out! I can still POOP while sucking my thumb!
So, when this thumb sucking gets a little more reliable (like Dex remembers he has a thumb when he wakes up crying) I'll try leaving his sucking hand unswaddled and see if a little thumb sucking might make the child nap longer than 45 minutes. Cuz Mom? She needs a stinkin NAP.
OH!! Also?? Three mornings in a row of sleeping from 10pm until at least 5:45 am! SWEET!
The Cowan paparrazzi joined us for the weekend to celebrate Easter, with oodles of food, pictures, and chocolate. I am somehow full and starving all at the same time. I do believe I stretched out my stomach. And I also need to get my butt to Target ASAP to cash in on 50% off Cadbury Cream Eggs!
Woo-hoo! I have a thumb! I haven't quite figured out that I can bring my hand up to my mouth instead of dropping my head down to my thumb.
No comments:
Post a Comment