Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Love Wins

Dear Cristin and Clara,

How many times have you been married?  Three?  Four?  I lose count.  And how many times has that marriage been taken away?  Two?  Three?  I lose count.

That taking away is, of course, just in the court of law.  I know, in your hearts, you have been married since the very first time you said "I Do" so many years ago, even though the state only recognized the legality of that first union for about three seconds.

When I heard the news this morning about Prop 8 being reversed and the federal government recognizing your marriage, I sent you a message with tears of joy in my eyes.  Because no one deserves a legal marriage more than you two.  Nowhere have I heard a more heartfelt declaration of love and commitment than at your wedding in 2009.  Nowhere have I seen such an amazing couple.

I am celebrating with you today, dear friends.  I am delighted I got to see the day that love wins.

xoxo,
AMC

1 comment:

CTB said...

And now I am reading your words with tears in my eyes! Thank you, my friend, for always supporting me and for understanding that love wins.
Love you big time,
Cristin