Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Delaying Camp Grandma

Another year of Camp Grandma is in full swing.  Dex is in NY swimming and playing with trains and watching TV and going to bed late and playing with trains some more.  And also, I think he is playing with trains.  Basically, everything a four year old SHOULD be doing while on vacation at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We took both kids up for the weekend, and we were supposed to leave Dex there on Sunday.  But SOME small cute baby made our plans change, so Grandma got an extra day to sleep in because we stayed til Monday morning.  Just to wait out all the baby puke.  And make sure she was ok to travel.  I'm glad we did, because poor Erin was pretty miserable on Sunday.  Vomiting babies are no fun.  Even when miserable, she was still pretty cheerful.  Sleepy.  Pukey.  But pretty chipper for a sick kid.

Now we're home, and John's at work, and Erin and I are wondering what on earth we are supposed to do with ourselves, without a four year old here to entertain us all the time.  We went to the grocery store today, but there's only just so many trips to the store I can make before John starts getting angry.

Here's a glimpse at what Dexter will undoubtedly be doing all this week.  I didn't take any pictures of him playing with Grandpa's trains over the weekend.  I am guessing it's going to look a whole lot like this (taken in April) only without the jacket and the fleece PJ's.


Erin with Aunt Jeanne.  She was not pleased about being with anyone but Mama, all weekend.  Poor sick baby.

Best attempt at a family shot.  It's pointless.  Like herding cats.

Wheee!  Dex was fearful the first few times down the new slide (he didn't want to go too fast).  But he obviously got over it pretty quickly.

He's a pretty fabulous swimmer these days.  And also can touch in the shallow end, with his shoulders almost sticking out of the water.  He is way too tall.

This one doesn't mind the water too much, for half an hour or so.

But she's also quite happy to cheer from the sidelines.


Bike riding in Grandpa's garage.  With sidewalk chalk roads and buildings to add to the fun.  Good way to make Grandpa clean the garage floor...

Hope Dexter has an excellent week, and Erin and I can find something to keep us entertained for a few days!

No comments: