Monday, October 8, 2012

What is God?

Yeah.  That's the question Dexter asked me this morning, after he read some saying we have posted on the fridge.  Some saying I have nothing to do with, and Dexter found the other day, and asked me to read to him.  Something about how God can't be everywhere and that's why he created mothers.

So he asks, What is God?

And I answer, Oh, Baby, I am so not the person who should be answering this question.

But I gave it my best shot.  Because I don't really know how to explain God to a grown-up, much less a three-year-old.

God is someone that some people believe in.  He's kind of like a pretend Mom or Dad, who watches over people and takes care of them.  Some people believe in God.  Some people don't.  And that's ok.

Dexter says, I believe in God.

OK, kiddo.  That's fine.  Mama does not believe in God, but you are more than welcome to.

Dear Sweet Jesus, kill me now.  I am not equipped to answer these questions.  I struggle already with where to send him to preschool next year.  Christian preschool, non-affiliated preschool?  We have some awesome Christian preschools around here, but I don't really want God drummed in to my child's head.  I don't think I can deal with it.  But then again, if we want him to learn about God and Christianity, he's gonna need to get it from somewhere.  Because it sure as hell isn't going to come from me.

This makes my head hurt.

In other news, it looks like the final deadline for Baby Norman is next week Wednesday.  If she doesn't decide to come out on her own before then, induction will be Oct 17.  Mostly because induction increases your chance of a C-section, and they don't wanna do a c-section on a weekend if they can help it.  Slackers...  :-)

Cute pic from Longwood.  A while ago.  Like, August.

1 comment:

Jeanne Campbell said...

pretty sure you should just stick it out for one more little week, cause dates with 2 and 4 in them are much cooler than 1 and 7