Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lending a Helping Hand. Again. Some More.

Remember over the summer when Dexter helped Daddy fix the truck, and it was ridiculously cute?  It was no less cute this afternoon, when Daddy helped get Dexter off the bus and told Dex he was fixing the truck.  Dexter's eyes lit up and he immediately asked if he could help.  But, Hold on, he says.  I've got to go get my tool box.  And off he trotted inside to find the tool box that Aunt Marcie gave him.

This time the truck was really broken.  Like, move the shifter stick thingy and it would not shift.  So we had a nice red truck, stuck in park, sitting in the driveway for a couple days.  Fortunately, Mr. Adam lent us his car so John could get to work.

Dexter pulled out his screwdriver, found all the broken things, and fixed them.

He, of course, needed a light, too.  Because Daddy had a light.

Buddy is also tremendously helpful


He's sexy.  And he knows it.

I forget, often, that fish is a viable, yummy, easy food to cook.  So we haven't had it in a long time.  I finally bought some salmon yesterday, and cooked it for dinner tonight.  Dexter ate at least one whole salmon fillet by himself.  That boy loves him some fish.  And also, apples.  We shall be sad when fresh apple season is over.

No news on Baby Norman.  Every time I go to the hospital for a non-stress test or an ultrasound, all the regular people exclaim - Are you STILL pregnant?  When is that baby going to come out?  I dunno.  She's not talking.

No comments: