Water fountain go WAY up. Water fountain go WAY down. All done. Go home.
(This being a story about the main water fountains at Longwood, which we saw in the middle of a fountain show as we were leaving on Sunday. The water did, indeed, go WAY up. And then WAY down because they turned the fountains off at the end of the show. So, yes, the water was all done. And we didn't actually go home. We went to Applebee's for lunch.)
Swimming. Miss Eliza. Mama go upstairs. Dexter swim Miss Eliza.
(This is a story about Dexter's swimming lesson today. His first day of swimming with NO MAMA. It went ok, really. I mean, he yelled "Mama, Mama" for about 15 minutes, and I think he cried the whole time. But Miss Eliza was his and his alone, so he didn't just have to sit on the edge of the pool waiting for an instructor. And he did everything Miss Eliza asked him to do. So, all in all I was really very pleased. I asked him if he wanted to swim with Miss Eliza again next week. He said NO. I asked him who he wanted to swim with next week. He said Miss Eliza. So, I can't figure the kid out.)
If you were here today you'd hear both of those stories. About seven thousand times. And you'd have to stop yourself from saying "Yes, yes, I KNOW, Dexter. You told me. Plus - I WAS THERE, remember?"
Dad and John replacing some siding on Saturday. Because the mis-matched siding has been driving John nuts for a year. You can still see a few rows of the lighter stuff, to the left of Dad.
Installing the new awning for the seven billion degree heat on the deck. I am an excellent holder. Dex is an excellent observer.
Everyone observes as John works. Typical, John says.
New awning. Excellent...
No comments:
Post a Comment