Cherry trees from the back side of Tulip Row
This is the way we feed the fish, feed the fish, feed the fish...
The fish were stalking us, and were here, looking just like this, before we even got the bread out of the bag. They can smell a sucker from a mile away...
Pretty tree by the fish pond. I asked Dex if he wanted to go stand under that tree. "Nooooooooooo."
A sea of daffodils. I tried to get Dex to come up here with me, but "Noooooooo."
He was far too captivated with looking across the field at THIS. Yay! The fountains are back on!
And thus we spent oodles of time doing this...
"Duts" and a cherry tree. The geese can smell a sucker from a mile away, too.
The fish here are seriously as big as the geese. Usually the goose won the bread war, but not always.
Feeding fish is fun. Because it involves the eating of the bread.
Somehow, we've been coming here twice a month for a year and never knew this fountain existed.
Dexter enjoyed it
It was difficult to pry him away
I really could only do so with the promise of seeing more water.
Cherry tree on the main Tulip Row
Off goes the child, to find more "wah-hee." That day might have been the last day he called water "wah-hee." Now he calls it "waddah." I kind of miss "wah-hee."
Dae-dow
Pretty. But not peak yet. Hoping for decent weather so the fam can go again this weekend.
Wah-hee found. Child happy.
Dude, Mama, why you takin my picture so much?
Work it, baby. Work it.
Daffodils
Dex and I had a serious discussion about how he was to stay on the sidewalk, and he was NOT to walk in the flowers. He was so good, and also delighted when I told him he could leave the sidewalk and go on the grass. He celebrated with much running.
I tried to get him to stand by the daffodils for a picture. That request was met with a "nooooo." So I had to resort to throwing sticks over that way and having Dexter go get them for me. Nothing like a game of fetch with a toddler.
The pretty tulip garden. We couldn't go in - it was roped off for the day. But we looked and ooooohed and aaaaahhhhed and decided that next week would be even better, so we'd come back then.
Who needs DC cherry trees when you have Longwood?
The scene of the following shots
Cute cracker eater (aka, how I bribed the child in to staying where I wanted him to...)
This one might have to go on a wall somewhere
Or maybe this one
The demon-child pose
Dexter's new fave thing to do is to jump
He's got like a 1/16 inch vertical leap
But it makes him pretty happy
Found a good "up-down."
Hey, look! There's my belly!
Hi belly button!
There were bugs and nets in the fountain fondly known to Dexter as "mess."
Notice the lack of people around the child - they all scattered after his first "mess" was made.
Of COURSE we played with the running water. Did you even need to ask?
Waiting for bubbles...
Wheee! Bubbles!
Adding to the bubbles...
Had fun playing the xylophone for a while.
"Bwoken." The grey slat was stone or something that didn't vibrate with music. So any time Dex hit that piece he declared it "bwoken." And then tried to take it apart, apparently so he could fix it.
Ummmm. So, yeah. Apparently I need to re-evaluate the clothing I keep in the diaper bag, and perhaps find a larger size...
And that's the end! We had a nice morning. Hopefully we can take Grandma and Aunt Jeanne on Saturday morning. Although the forecast is looking damp for the next couple weeks...
1 comment:
Thank you for making me snork tea out my nose with the flood pants shot. :)
Post a Comment