Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Keepers

Dex and I went to Longwood this morning. Wait, you say - didn't you just go on Sunday with your family? Didn't you just go last week? Well, yes. Yes we did both of those. But I really wanted a picture of Dex with the tulips, and I didn't really get a good one on Sunday. And today was a nice cloudy day. And I figured we could kind of go off the beaten track and see some things we never look at. And I thought Dex might like to see the whole fountain show. And we had no other plans for the morning. So off we went. We make good use of our annual membership.

AND - I think I got a few keepers:

An "off the beaten track" fountain I never knew existed. We went on a fountain quest today.

I could only get Dex in to the tulip garden with a promise that we'd go find more water after. And he still was not pleased. I had to do some running around to get him to crack a smile. The flowers, fortunately, don't need as much prep work for a good photo.

If you take 100 pictures, though, one or two come out ok.

Dexter's version of tip-toeing through the tulips

Maybe not so much tip-toeing as running, giggling, with arms flailing

We saw, as promised, the water go WAY up.

Today's story, told repeatedly at lunch, is about "Sit next to Mama, water go WAY up."

This is about as close to a standing still, kind of posed picture with some tulips as I could get. I'll take it.

No comments: