I forgot to mention earlier this week that John has effectively deleted the word "Deh-hee" from Dexter's vocabulary. Deh-hee is what Dexter has called himself since January. But now he's made the switch to full-on Dexter. It's a little bittersweet, really. Like "wah-hee" I am going to miss hearing the Deh-hee around the house.
How did John manage such miracles, you ask? I have no idea. Grand things happen when John is sitting in the chair reading to the child. I do believe it has much to do with reading "Dexter Bexley and the Big Blue Beastie" about 27 thousand times over the weekend. And Dexter trying to say all those words. And John asking him "who is that?" Dexter: "Deh-hee Bexley." John: "Who?" Dexter: "Deh-hee, DEXTER Bexley and the Big Blue Beastie." He corrected himself for a couple days, but I don't think I've heard the word Deh-hee since Monday. By George, I think he's got it!
Dexter's three day fever finally broke yesterday, and now all his gunk and congestion seems to have settled in his chest. Leading to much coughing. We've added some extra special inhaler medicine to the mix to see if we can help the little man out. But, again, if you didn't hear him cough you'd never think a thing was wrong with him. He was playing like a mad-man at the playground today.
Hmmm. I haven't taken a picture since about Friday. So let's see what we have in the archives for the grandmas... Here's a few from Easter weekends of yester-year:


No comments:
Post a Comment