Monday, February 15, 2010

Step One

I am way far behind on blogging. We've had Valentine's Day. We've had a THIRD snow storm for the winter. I have a one year video I still need to make. I am slacking. I don't have any good excuses. I've been... watching the Olympics. Napping. Trying to keep the house clean. Not walking outside because there's no place to walk.

But this one can't wait.

Dex has been walking between John and I for a few weeks now. I have video of it, but I haven't posted it yet because I suck. He's been getting pretty good - walking rather than falling, and we've been moving a bit further apart. Plus, every now and then in the past couple days Dexter lets go of whatever he's been holding on to and stands, for just a split second, before he loses his balance, flails wildly, and grabs on to the nearest object.

So I was surprised this morning after breakfast when Dex was holding my hand to walk upstairs, and then just... let go. All on his own. And walked about five steps. And then fell down on his knees. And then was so sad that he fell down that he proceeded to bang his forehead on the ground. Oh, this child. He's going to be a self-harm inflicting, tantrum throwing pain in the butt.

It'll be a while yet before we get any sustained walking. But Dexter is on his way. Lots more trouble to come, very soon!

1 comment:

Jeanne Campbell said...

Sooooo - he takes after his dear Aunt Jeanne, who just happened to fall while bowling AGAIN today.