Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 3 - Relief

I know that the past week and a half or so has been hard on the baby. Also hard on John, as Dex hasn't really wanted anything to do with him. Only Mom was good enough for the sick boy with 17 teeth coming in. Now that I think we're out of the woods for a while (fever is gone, teeth have broken through the gums) I am realizing what a relief it is for ME to have my cute fun baby back. It's so nice to have him happily keep himself occupied with his toys in the pantry in the kitchen while I am cooking breakfast. SO much nicer than having him hang off my leg, crying. It's definitely been a better week.

Dex went to My Gym today and was the most independent he's ever been there. Off on the other side of the room, cheerfully chasing a ball around, and occasionally looking over to make sure I am still there. Most excellent.

He also was quite the walker today. Several times he let go of what he was holding on to and stood on his own for a few seconds. And a couple times I stood him up and pointed him in a direction, and watched him walk off. It was impressive.

Anyway - Day 3 of our little challenge is going well. Jillian and I duked it out this morning, and I even managed to shower today, which is impressive. I might need to get myself a snack before 8PM, because dinner of fish and veggies is not cutting it for me. But no sweets at all. Unless you count graham crackers. Do you count them? I am going to say "no", even though the second ingredient is sugar and the fourth is high fructose corn syrup. I am still going to say they don't count as a sweet. Cool?

John, dear cute boy that he is, has been doing Jillian in the evenings wearing the black socks he wore to work. Which is... quite the fashion statement. He says it's because he doesn't want to give me any more laundry to do. Awwwww. What a sweetie!

OK, off to find some peanut butter. Or something. And you'll have to deal with an older pic of Dex today. My camera was acting funny, so none of my pictures turned out. I might need to read the directions...

No comments: