I think that my poor friends in Virginia are going to be covered with snow again, too. All I can say is: It's a damn good year to NOT be the stable manager at Sweet Briar. Because getting 75 horses and a barn and vehicles and hay and water and all that stuff prepared? HUGE pain in the ass. I shall happily totter out to Wal-Mart tomorrow with the rest of the world, pick through what's left of the toilet paper and bread, and then hunker down and play with the baby, inside, during this next storm. Sorry, horse peeps!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Dear Weather: WTF?
No, seriously. WTF? Maryland doesn't DO snow. 1 inch of snow causes mass panic in the streets, Home Depot to sell out of shovels, and school to be canceled for at least a day. But now, weather, you're killing Maryland. KILLING IT! A weekend 24 inches of snow storm (apparently some kind of two day snow record for Baltimore, or something), followed on Tuesday by ANOTHER 18 to 24 inches of snow storm? There will be no salt left in the entire state. All the snow plow drivers are going to be propping their little eyelids open with toothpicks. WAL-MART might even close! The horror!
I think that my poor friends in Virginia are going to be covered with snow again, too. All I can say is: It's a damn good year to NOT be the stable manager at Sweet Briar. Because getting 75 horses and a barn and vehicles and hay and water and all that stuff prepared? HUGE pain in the ass. I shall happily totter out to Wal-Mart tomorrow with the rest of the world, pick through what's left of the toilet paper and bread, and then hunker down and play with the baby, inside, during this next storm. Sorry, horse peeps!
John brushes off my car on Sunday. Not like I am going to drive anywhere, but still. Nice to know there was a car under there.
Helllllooooo? White car? Are you in there?
24 inches of snow IS pretty. Oh, also? That huge pile of icy snow on the bay window slid off yesterday. It made quite the loud crash. And I think the bushes under the window are forever smooshed.
Note snow height = taller than fuzzy brown dog. Who, by the way, was HIGHLY unimpressed with having to go outside.
Bundled up to watch the shoveling.
I think that my poor friends in Virginia are going to be covered with snow again, too. All I can say is: It's a damn good year to NOT be the stable manager at Sweet Briar. Because getting 75 horses and a barn and vehicles and hay and water and all that stuff prepared? HUGE pain in the ass. I shall happily totter out to Wal-Mart tomorrow with the rest of the world, pick through what's left of the toilet paper and bread, and then hunker down and play with the baby, inside, during this next storm. Sorry, horse peeps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment