Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 1 - Oh, It's ON

Bring it, Jillian. We're on it. Day one of our 30 day challenge. Jillian and I had a date this morning while John paid our taxes. Oh, no, wait. While John computed our taxes and saw that Uncle Sam owes us money. Sweet! Thanks, Dex! And also thanks jobless wife. John is currently watching girls jump up and down in the basement. Hopefully he's doing a few jumping jacks of his own.

And day one of no sweets, no chocolate. So far, so good. Although the night isn't over yet. And I didn't go through any grocery store lines today, with Cadbury cream eggs saying "Psssst. Alissa! Eat me!" So it's been fairly easy to avoid the sweet stuff.

I thought, briefly, that my cute sweet cheerful baby had returned to us today. And he did, for a little while. And then he woke up after his second nap and WOW. WOW. Yeah. That child went to bed early early. Poor kid. His fever seems to be better, but he's got some deep congestion in his chest. And those damn teeth haven't come in yet. Boooooo, teeth!

Off to watch some Olympics! A little less interesting when you already know that Bode Miller won gold today. Oh, sorry. Did I spoil it for ya? :-)

1 comment:

Jeanne Campbell said...

hat is he like 5 in this picture?!?! sheesh - stop growing Dex!