Friday, February 26, 2010

Day 6 - You're Cute Even When You're Not Sleeping

I turned the baby monitor on as I was going downstairs this afternoon to do Jillian. About 25 minutes after Dex went down for a nap. I was expecting to just hear the ocean from the baby monitor, but instead turned it on to immediately hear "Tooka, tooka, tooka" from Dexter. His new favorite sentence. Tooka tooka tooka. Who knows what it means. Could mean "Life is good, let me just take this here nap." Could mean "Dear Lord, why am I trapped behind bars AGAIN?" Regardless, it is hella cute to turn on the baby monitor to hear some tooka-ing, even if the baby was supposed to be asleep long ago.

I resisted beer and wine temptation (easy) and cookie temptation (not as bad as expected) last night at movie night. Quite possibly because I ate my weight in soft pretzels. That were OH SO GOOD. I did Jillian this afternoon today, because I took a nap this morning, which was rudely interrupted by a snow plow. Plowing, may I ask - WHAT SNOW??? There is no snow to speak of here. Go about 10 miles north, however, and you enter a new state (called Pennsylvania) of snow hell. Which I drove through at 1AM. It was... a wee bit on the treacherous side. Fortunately I had the truck, and fortunately I followed a snow plow for part of the way home so I could still find the road.

John said he wore his IPod while working out last night because he was sick of Jillian talking to him. He had it on random shuffle, got stuck in Christmas music hell, and somehow ended up doing most of his workout to the songs from A Charlie Brown Christmas. Not all bad, really. Not exactly workout music. But better than listening to Jillian.

Hmmm. To post this now, or to wait til the baby gets up and take a picture of him in his cute turtleneck that he won't ever wear again because it's too small? That is the question...
Dex spent a fair bit of the afternoon in this position. The sleepy, I don't feel well, let me cuddle in your lap position.

But he rebounded after a while to play some more. With his cute, too small turtleneck.

No comments: