So at 10pm I fed the little man, and put him in bed, telling John "I'll just not set the alarm, and will let him sleep til he wakes up. Maybe I'll have to get up twice tonight. No big deal."
And he slept. From 10:30 until his paranoid mom woke him up at 4:30 (DUDE! All the sleeping! Aren't you hungry? Can you really sleep for this long when you are this little?). And then he went back to sleep from 5AM until 7AM. Woo-hoo!
So you'd think, then, that I'd be well rested, right? Because I slept from 10:30 til 4:30 and that's about three hours more continuous sleep than I usually get. Right? Ah, of course not. I woke up at 2. Was that the baby? No, it was CoCo snoring. Then at 3. Was that the baby? Nope - just John, breathing. Damn these other animals in my room, sounding like awake babies! Finally at 4 I got up, just to assure myself that the baby was still alive. And at 4:30 my neurotic self couldn't hack it any more and got him up to eat.
This probably will never happen again. But still - yay! Dexter's always been an awesome sleeper at night. It's just those daytime naps that we have issues with. I swear, in the morning I put him in his crib for a nap and his train of thought is something like this: Hmmm. Wonder when I can eat again. Oh, look! A hand! Hmmm. I like boobies. Oooh! A pony! Hmmmm. Wonder when I can eat again? Cool! A ceiling fan! Hmmm. Boobies... Awesome! I have FEET!
And he'll just happily play away in his crib. Til he decides he's hungry again. I finally, out of desperation and an attempt to bore him to sleep, took his mobile off his crib. There's still plenty of cool things for him to look at, though - the blinds, the slats of his crib, the checker-board pattern of his bumper... The world is just way too much fun!
Burping with Grandma
I am both stylin' AND irresistable.
2 comments:
Sounds familiar. The first day you came home from the hospital we put you to bed at around 10:00 pm. We expected you to wake up - you didn't. We checked , and you were still breathing so we let you sleep. You didn't wake up till 6:00 am to eat. That continued to be your pattern. You would almost always sleep through the entire night. Daytime was a different story. You were never a big napster, but you had a good time watching things around you and eventually playing most of the day.
Sounds like Dexter has your genes.
Dad
Always fun to mix it/change it up a little. Dex has the right idea...maybe he is a little like his Aunt Jeanne - she gets wicked bored and cranky when the days drone on one after the other with nothing new happening. (hence why an hr drive daily on the thruway drives me bonkers!) Dexie is a moving forward man of change...maybe cause he got to hear all the Obama speeches in womb!
Post a Comment