Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back in the Saddle

That was me today! Quite literally back in the saddle again. Yay! Man how I have missed the smell of horses. I was so happy to come home today dirty and covered in horse hair. I was riding my friend's horse, Spot. It's not the same as riding my Frazier, who I still miss. But hey - at this point I am happy to be in a barn and have a horse to ride. Cate said "let me know when you feel up to riding ten miles. I'm sure it won't take long." Ummm. Yeah. I haven't ridden since JUNE. I am sure I will be unable to walk tomorrow. So it might take me a little bit of time to work up to ten miles!

I'm not sure I say enough how great a dad John is. I pumped some milk this morning, got some more out of the freezer, and then went breezing out the door. Bye, honey! I'll be back some time! Maybe! Have fun with the little boy! And he did just that. Fed Dexter, played with him, went for a walk, sent me a picture message on my phone so I could see Dex out walking, put him down for a nap, got him up again a little while ago when he was crying and I was chatting on the phone. And now he's off winning Dexter some college money, at a poker tournament. :-) Seriously. He rocks. Dexter and I are lucky.

Dexter appears to be a growing boy today, eating every other second. Growing boys are hungry boys! As he was 12 pounds at lactation group on Thursday, I fully expect, with this growth spurt, for him to hit 13 pounds this week. I swear, by next week at his 2 month check-up he will have to wear 6 - 9 month old clothing! I can't wait to see how long he is these days. My guess? Seventy billion inches. Or maybe 30...

Boooo. VT lost in basketball. And Maryland was well on their way to getting crushed the last time I looked today. Who do I have left to root for? I guess - GO ORANGE!! Stupid Syracuse. Who, really, has a mascot that is a big orange ball? I mean, even a castrated turkey is way cooler than that...

Oh, how I've missed this view. Frazier's cute ears look at the ocean (HORSE EATING WAVES!!!) last February. Back when having a child was one of those "hey, want to do this?" kind of ideas... Must get Dexter a pony. Soon.

1 comment:

Gary said...

will its good to see you get out and about...and you could root for DUKE!!!...lol...just kidding>>>>

have a great week girl....