I love the people who gave us diapers. I truly do. We have not bought ANY diapers since we've had this baby, except for a lone package of Pamper's Newborns when Dex ran out of the ones we stole from the hospital, and he was just too small to effectively fit in to Huggies Newborns (hold on. This baby used to be SMALL??). But otherwise we've been using your generous gifts, which has allowed us to compare some brands a bit.
For the past week I've been cursing at (or using) Earth's Best diapers, with a maybe 75% success rate (although right now it feels like a 2.7% success rate). While I like them in theory (chlorine free, organic), in practice they have made me want to run my ass out to Colorado and gouge out the eyeballs of the guy who designed them (c'mon. You KNOW it's a guy. There's no way a woman would design a diaper that fits so poorly). Because? They leak. Pee, poop, whatever. They leak. And after four clothing changes today, the most recent at 3AM when the diaper was TOTALLY dry but Dexter's fleece PJ's, waterproof mattress pad, and Alissa's PJ's were totally NOT dry... I threw in the towel. Sorry about the wasting of perfectly clean diapers, but I can't hack it any more. Bring on the Huggies.
Maybe Dexter's legs just aren't designed to fit organic, chlorine free diapers that are supposed to be good for him. He apparently has legs shaped to fit Pooh Bear decorated, probably terrible for you, soon they will discover they cause cancer, less expensive (good boy, Dex!) Huggies diapers. And maybe some other brands - we've still got more in the closet so this little experiment isn't over yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment