Saturday, March 8, 2014

DCM

We don't often go to Children's Museums, because I forget they exist and because, quite honestly, I hate kids.  Not usually my OWN kids.  But other people's kids.

But today at DE Children's Museum they had a special class on "Being an Engineer."  So we took the kids and packed some snacks and headed to Wilmington for the afternoon.  Dex was a little hesitant at first in the Be an Engineer class, but he thought the electricity demos were cool, and he got to build a roller coaster for a marble and shoot a ping pong ball out of an air compressor.  And he and Daddy made a wand.  Which he adores.  So I do believe it was a success
Mid-wand

Erin and I entertained ourselves with a little engineering of our own while the boys were building wands.  There was a big room filled with all different kinds of blocks, so we explored in there for a long time while we waited for the boys.
Erin's idea of engineering mostly involves carrying a green LEGO around with her everywhere she goes.
Mostly she practiced her climbing skills on some huge blue blocks
She LOVES stepping up and down stairs like a big girl.  But she needs to hold my hand.

Quite honestly, I am surprised we got Dex in to the Engineering class at all, as he had to bypass this big climbing thing to go to the class.  And he was decidedly NOT happy about that.  He was delighted to climb it a few million times after the class, though.

Erin and I found a cool slide, and after sliding twenty seven times while holding my hand, she braved it on her own.  First big girl sliding!
Sprinting back to the slide.  She LOOOVED it.
Click on the above for video of the sliding child.

Much time was also spent playing with water.  And playing with and in trains.  Which I don't have any pictures of.  Because, trains.  Yeah.  We got some.
Mmmmmm.  Chlorinated water...

It was a successful afternoon, capped off by a good dinner at Joe's Crab Shack.  The kids are passed out.  The adults are heading that direction.  And it's a terrible night to lose an hour of sleep...

No comments: