Dexter was awesome at the doctor. He did his vision and hearing test, and was super brave for the doctor. Usually he screams when anyone looks in his ears. This time we practiced, and talked about the doctor, and gave the promise of peanut butter cups if he was great. And he was. Great. Definitely deserved those peanut butter cups.
He was also huge. 40 pounds huge, which is like 80th percentile. John thinks he's skinny. I think John's crazy... He's also 42.9 inches tall. Which is like 95th percentile. Growth predictions peg him at about six-two or six-three when he grows up.
Erin was also a super-star at the doctor, even though it was WAY past her bed time. She got a shot and didn't make a peep for it. She stood up and showed the doctor how huge and strong she is. She's growing lovely and looks like everything is fine.
She was 14.7 pounds, which is about the 55th percentile. I'm not sure how she's that low, when she has chubby little legs and about seven chins. And she's 26 inches tall, which is like 97th percentile. She's solidly in 6 month clothing, and I put back most of the one piece summer rompers that Grandma picked out at the consignment sale this week, because one piece things and my kids just don't work well together.
The doctor felt some teeth bumps in Erin's mouth, and when I flipped her upside down this morning I saw a little white blister of a tooth nub on her top left. Which is ridiculous. Four months! Teeth! Really? It may still take a while for that one to come in, but still. Four months! Slow down, teeth!
PS - Erin sucks her thumb now. She's a lefty, at least in thumb sucking.
PPS - Look what happens at 6:30 AM!!! Who knew?
No comments:
Post a Comment