I'm not a big fan of scalloped potatoes. I find them bland and boring and generally not worth eating. But John loves them, and he loves them with ham in them, and we had some leftover ham from Easter dinner (hooray, Wegman's spiral sliced ham! SO YUMMY). So I scoured the internet (read, googled "scalloped potato recipe and opened the first one that had more than a four star rating) and found THIS SPECTACULAR RECIPE that you must try. Really. Seriously. You must try it. Best scalloped potatoes I've ever eaten. I added ham, and used just a little more than 4 cups of milk, to make the sauce nice and thick. I cooked mine for about 70 minutes and I could have cooked them for longer - the potatoes were still a tiny bit crisp. Oh, and I added some parm cheese to the top the last ten minutes or so. Delish.
Spastic is upstairs getting ready for bed, and they way things are going I have a feeling he's going to bed with no books. Again. His listening skills diminish significantly after 6PM. As does Daddy's patience for shenanigans.
This baby in the belly. Seriously. If I had any recollection of feeling this shitty the first pregnancy, this baby would not be happening. Because this sucks. The nausea is getting slightly better - now I only feel like crap from about 4PM on, instead of all day. But it's not better enough.
Had an AMA screening (DUDE, you're old screening) on Tuesday - ultrasound looked great and bloodwork all came back fine, so we should have a healthy baby here, we hope. John was talking to Dex about coming to the next ultrasound, where we can find out if he's going to have a brother or a sister. He told John, "We can tell the doctor I want a sister." Sorry, kiddo. Doesn't work that way. Besides. A SISTER?? Really??
I have links HERE and HERE to pictures of Longwood on Monday (we went with our play group friends) and of Easter egg hunts last week. I have pictures from Winterthur, where we went on Sunday, but I haven't edited them yet and that's not going to happen tonight because I have stuff I need to do for Foxcatcher. So, this is all you get!
No comments:
Post a Comment