Thursday, April 19, 2012

OMG, the Cuteness

This child.  Is so damn cute sometimes.  I mean, sometimes I want to wring his little neck (like at nap time today, when the pitter-patter of little feet woke me from my nap and I went upstairs to see a child, head on the bed, feet on the floor.  He promptly was tossed in his crib, because you don't get out of bed when your clock is blue.  And you CERTAINLY don't wake up Mama by doing so.  Oh no you don't).  But then sometimes, like this afternoon, he is fantastically cute and makes me giggle.

We got a very large pile of mulch delivered this morning while Dex was at school.  Which conveniently had a very large flat spot on the top.  Which was perfect for Dexter and Buddy romping.

Dexter decided that the dump truck had brought him a moon bounce, and he certainly needed to jump on it.

Hella cute.  Also cute when he continued to call the mulch pile "this beautiful moon bounce."  Yes.  Beautiful.  That's exactly how I'd describe it, too.

This afternoon Daddy came home early to spread mulch, but ended up mowing the lawn instead.  Dexter decided he wanted to help.

Above video show Dexter's excellent lawn mowing skills.  He might, actually, be better than me.

He got tired of driving the lawn mower pretty quickly, but when I asked him if he wanted to drive his Jeep in the yard while Daddy mowed, he was ALL OVER that.

OMG, how ridiculously cute is THAT?  Matching ear muffs and everything.

Click above for video.  This is the most he has ever, ever, ever driven his Jeep.  He wouldn't even push the gas pedal in it until about a month ago.  But today he jumped in, only crashed in to Fiona's fence twice, and he figured out that driving and steering thing in a hurry.

Click above for video.  Daddy helped Dex drive back up to the mulch pile.

This last picture cracks me up.  Daddy was mowing the front yard, and Dex isn't allowed to drive up there, so he was tooling around in the back.  See those three horses way in the background?  They were totally watching Dex drive around, ears all pricked, trying to figure out what the hell he was doing.  Too cute.

John is out moving mulch.  In the dark.  I'm gonna not help.  Cool?  I'm pulling out the pregnancy card on this one.

No comments: