Monday, March 5, 2012

Bawk RAWW

It's been a weird week.  Nothing's happening, really, is maybe why it's weird.  We get up, we go about the business of our day, after Dex goes to bed I read a book.  Somehow, I've read THREE books in the past week.  HMMM.  Maybe that's why nothing is happening.  It's fun to be reading again, though.  I joined a book club with the MOMS club, and I'm supposed to be reading The Hunger Games, but I haven't been able to lay my hands on a copy yet.  So I'm reading all the other books I got at a used book sale a couple weeks ago.

Anyway, I just finished my latest book this evening (Lost and Found, by Carolyn Parkhurst.  It was fine) and opened my computer to check my email.  And was saddened by a note from a friend that her mom had passed away this afternoon.  Her mom was pretty young, healthy, and had a really rare form of cancer.  I'd met her only a handful of times, but she was a lovely woman and I am saddened by her death.  And a little helpless.  A little not sure what I can do, beyond be sad for my friend and her family.

Then, because I am trying to avoid the sadness like I always do, I check Facebook.  And see that my sister has posted this:



Dear lord, I love her.  I've watched this video no less than 20 times this evening.  John keeps shaking his head, wondering how I am still laughing.  "It's not THAT funny," he says.  Yes, but if it's keeping me from crying right now, I'll take it.

Bawk.  Raww.  Please pass me an egg.  Or five.

No comments: