for concrete plans to create this smaller, less fuzzy, equally money sucking bundle of joy:
That's how John knew I was serious about this whole having a kid thing. When I said I made an ad to put my horse up for sale. That was it.
I'm not saying it wasn't a good trade. I kind of like the small bundle of joy, and the large fuzzy one went to an awesome home and has been taking fantastic care of a very nice teenage girl who keeps me updated on his well-being.
But man, do I miss him. He's a good little horse. And I miss the whole horse "thing." The smell of the barn. The nice warm snuffles of horse breath in my hand. The freedom and ability to go ride at night after work, and take Saturday and Sunday trail rides to wherever. And I know, I could still do it. There's people who need horses ridden. But it's not the same, riding someone else's bundle of joy instead of your own. It's not the same freedom.
Dexter's lovey in his crib is a horse named Frazier, after my guy I sold. Dexter sees pictures of Frazier on the digital frame and asks "Who's that?" Dexter sees the horses in the field behind our house and wants to go climb over the fence so he can pet them. He adores horses. I hope some day soon I can find him a pony to ride. While loaded up with Benadryl so his little eyes don't swell shut.
Today I went to a nearby farm to see my horse - he and his mom were showing in a little dressage show. He looks exactly the same as he did when I last saw him four years ago, which is absolutely awesome. His kid rides him great, and she loves him and has done all kinds of fun things with him. I couldn't be happier.
But I still miss him.
| Frazier from today. Still fuzzy. Still cute. |
No comments:
Post a Comment