So I made this recipe for banana bread last night. I've made it before, to feed to normal, grain eating people, and it turned out awesome. The first time I made it with cashew butter. This time I made it with sunflower seed butter, because I am a cheap bastard and it's like half the price. So it baked and looked all brown and crusty and delicious. And then I cut in to it this morning. And John freaked out and refused to eat it.
It's still yummy. It's just... GREEN. Very, very green.
I'ma gonna feed it to our company this weekend...
Totally unrelated - Dexter had his first day of new preschool today. I totally cried dropping him off. But his teachers said he was great, and when I asked him if he wanted to go back to school on Tuesday he said he wanted to go back to his NEW school. So that bodes well. I think he's just psyched that he got to ride a bike on the play ground...
One more totally unrelated - I made this yummy side dish at dinner tonight. OMG. Yum. I might start making all my mac and cheese with Dijon mustard in it.
I also made fish and used crushed up pork rinds instead of bread crumbs. John still doesn't know. He said it was yummy, so I figured what he doesn't know won't hurt him.
Final totally unrelated - John is getting up at 3:30 AM tomorrow to go to this random competitive eating event. I dunno why. Apparently it's entertaining.
2 comments:
I think I'm siding with John on this one - its a bit frightening.
Given that Alissa has a history of feeding me questionable food, she shouldn't have been surprised that I passed on the green banana bread.
Post a Comment